Re: dselect user interface

Dirk.Eddelbuettel@qed.econ.queensu.ca writes:

> Have a look at /usr/doc/dpkg/WISHLIST. Ian already lists "newbie interface to
> dselect" under bug 1037. I don't think you can accuse _him_ of letting
> good proposals for dpkg/dselect slip through.

Of course, I don't think that Ian would let good proposals slip by.
However, Ian has stated he doesn't have time to create the newbie
interface.  WISHLIST contains a lot of good information, but "newbie
interface" is just the beginning of a design.

Ray's suggestion of editing the web pages should give anyone,
including myself, enough rope to hang oneself.  It's kind of scary.

--
kevin
kevin@aimnet.com