Re: Still shlibs problems.

> Ok, sorry guys, this is my third post on the topic...
>
> I'm building package P and P-dev.
> P provides a library and some executables which uses this shlib.
> P-dev provides the static library and the .so link, plus some
> includes.
> P-doc provides some extra documentation
>
> I want to:
> 1) Say that P-dev depends on the exact same version of P
> 2) Say that P-doc depends on P (whatever version)
>
> Right now, what I do is that I have a control refering to
> $(shlibs:Depends) for P and P-dev, and refering to P for P-doc.
> My shlibs.local contains a reference to the library as P(=version).
> And the shlibs contains a ref as P(>=version)
>
> The problem with that is that P depends on itself. Is that a major
> problem ?

It might be. I would do the following:
- one file shlibs (as yours)
- one file shlibs.local (as yours)
- one file shlibs.ignore containing no dependency at all
now use dpkg-shlibdeps -L debian/shlibs.ignore for P,
 dpkg-shlibdeps -L debian/shlibs.local for P-dev

it will generate different substitutions for the different packages, you
just have to run it twice.

> On an other topic, about uploading the new debian packages, it's not
> clear to me wether:
> 1) I should upload:
> 	+ the original sources (P_v.orig.tar.gz)
> 	+ the patches I've made to the source (P_v.diff.gz)
> 	+ the debianization files (P_v.dsc)
>    And then upload new diffs to the orig sources and new dsc for
> minor revs.

definitely this.

	Helmut