Re: Thoughts regarding package installation

Guy Maor:
> Lars, perhaps --list-all and --set-all options should be added?
> --set-all should take the format that --list-all generates.

Done. I also added --create-all, which creates missing variables
but leaves existing ones as they were, and --repository, which
lets you set the location where the variables are stored. It'll
take a day or so until the new version becomes available at
<http://www.iki.fi/liw/programs/>.

This could be used something like this:

	# install base and enough networking to get rsh on target
	# machine; then:
	rsh sourcehost cfgtool --list-all | cfgtool --create-all

If we work on base and netbase so that they ask the minimum number
of questions, then this should work pretty well. I think most
questions they ask are host-specific anyway: hostname, IP-number,
and so on.

I think we want to wait until after 1.2 is released before
starting to experiment with this for real, but don't hesitate
to suggest improvements to the cfgtool interface.

I'm going to interpret the violent lack of negative feedback
as silent approval that this is the right way to go. :-)