Re: cfgtool - new prototype with booleans, locking, language support

liw@iki.fi (Lars Wirzenius)  wrote on 08.10.96 in <[🔎] m0vAX3F-000HVuC@liw.clinet.fi>:

> So, what do people think? Are we interested in this, and is
> this a good way to solve the problem of moving configuration
> information out of system scripts?

I just got the X/Open "Single Unix Specification" CDROM. I'll go look if
it says anything about this. (Incidentally, I want to see if the ibcs .deb
is up to dealing with the (SCO) software, or if I need to use Windoze ...)

***

It doesn't seem to say anything about it.

And the ibcs module just Oopses if I try to start the installer. Too bad,
back to Windoze for now. (That's sort of perverted, needing Windoze to
read Unix documentation ...)

I don't think I'll try to debug this until I have the latest 2.0.x kernel.

MfG Kai