Re: Applications menu for Fvwm

Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> Getting as many
> packages as possible to use install-fvwm2menu is important.
Agreed. It's no use to delay application menus just because
install-menu isn't ready yet (and it won't be ready for some time).

> Once
> install-menu becomes a reality, it will be easy to change the packages
> to use that instead (you delete "fvwm2" and "Exec "). Come spring
> (or whenever install-menu is finished), we can do that change easily.
I hope, that I can finish install-menu before spring, though. ;-)

I am going to write a draft specification of install-menu
and post it on debian-devel for general discussion. (will
be ready about next weekend I guess)

Then I am going to make an experimental install-menu package
which can be merged into the dpkg package later.

-Chris

--
Christian Linhart <clinhart@ping.at, chris@debian.org>
Software Development * Internetworking * Linux&GNU Support