Re: Applications menu for Fvwm

Philippe Troin:
> In what version of fvwm2 is this implemented ?

Package: fvwm2
Version: 2.0.43-BETA-0

> I know this is not trivial. In a later post, I suggested include
> files as an alternate solution. Fvwm2 provides preprocessors
> front-end, but what about other wms ?

Ahem. Preprocessors are _also_ the wrong solution... :-)

Fvwm2 has a Read command, similar to C's #include, which is used
in the right solution. A WM that doesn't have similar functionality
needs to be preprocessed, but it should be avoided if possible,
because it confuses people too much. Especially m4, where you'll
have problems with the word "include".

When a preprocessor is used, it should be used to include the
modifications. Only the fvwm2 package maintainer should edit the
actual system.fvwm2rc file, if at all possible, to avoid problems
when upgrading.