Re: proposal: pseudo source packages

[about xforms_0.81...]
>        xforms_0.81.tar.gz
>        xforms_0.81.dsc
>
>For the first 4 files it's ok.  But the latter?  Would somebody mind, if
>I'd remove the debian/ from xforms_0.81.tar.gz and create a
>xforms_0.81.orig.tar.gz and then the diffs for the debian changes only?

I'm really against the proposal of pseudo-source packages. If you don't
have the source, it's useless to upload an essentially empty *.orig.tar.gz
and confuses only potential downloaders. The debian-diff is enough;
another possibility would be to write an xforms-install package as it was
done with netscape. Then, the people with non-intel architectures would
know that the
package is useless for them (at the moment) and wouldn't need to download
it.

David

--
David Frey <david@eos.lugs.ch>  |Microsoft isn't the answer...it's the QUESTION.
Schlieren, Switzerland          |``No'' is the answer.