Re: Rescue disk for Debian?

Christian Schwarz wrote:
:
: I'm looking for some kind of "rescue" boot disks for Debian. Actually I
: would need it for an easy of doing a restore of my tar backups. (An easy
: solution would be to include tar on the installation root disk, if there
: is enough space left--a simple tar version would be fine.)

What if you'd take the boot/root disk set.  When I used 'em last time,
they included a rather rich set of utilities.  (Don't know if tar too,
...)

: Sometimes it's necessary to boot from disks (i.e. via ramdrive) to fix a
: configuration problem or to repair a filesystem. There once were a few

Most config problems I could solve via the `linux emergency' kernel
command line.

    Heiko
--
email : heiko@lotte.sax.de heiko@debian.org heiko@sax.de
pgp   : A1 7D F6 7B 69 73 48 35  E1 DE 21 A7 A8 9A 77 92