Re: Purpose of source packages?

On Thu, 19 Sep 1996, Erick Branderhorst wrote:

> > Is it possible that I reduce the source so that everyone can recompile the
> > package (and add a short description of my changes) plus a diff that adds
> > debian specific files?
>
> You can modify the source if you want but I don't recommend it.

generally i agree with Erick, but web2c is the exeption
from the rule. it's at most a collection of nearly unrelated
source packages which even configures independently.

so my hint is: remove all and everything you do not need to
compile your package (but look out for copyright restrictions of
course! there might be even different copyrights apply for the
different parts of the web2c collection.)

jjm

--
Juergen Menden                   | Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by me,
tel:    +49 (89) 289 - 22387     +-----------+ are (usually) not the opinions

Hi! I'm a .signature virus!  Add me to your .signature and join in the fun!