#4370: wart or missing feature: bugs system

Raul writes:
> There's no easy way to back out a bug that has been recently submitted.
>
> Eventually, it can be disabled by submitting a "done" on the bug, but
> that doesn't work until the bug has been assigned a number -- which can
> take a very significant piece of time.
>
> Suggestions:
> (a) provide a never-mind@bugs.debian.org, which dequeues the most recently
> submitted bug (sending a copy back) based on the sender's email address,
> or (if the most recently submitted bug report has been assigned a bug
> number) provide a "done" from the submitter.

Eeech, what a messy kludge you're suggesting.  This isn't like you,
Raul ...

Do you think the bug system deliberately sits on messages for ages
before processing them ?  I don't see any point in this.  The bug
would still go out onto debian-devel, &c.

> (b) or, just speed up the system so that turn around time is on the order
> of a couple minutes or less.

The turnaround now is between 5 and 20 minutes, plus the time taken
for master's qmail to deliver the mail (which can be as long as half
an hour under bad conditions).

I'm afraid you'll just have to wait for the ack to come back.

Ian.