Re: devel directory reorg?

On Fri, 23 Aug 1996 branderh@debian.IAEhv.nl wrote:

> I prefer a non-hierarchical reorganization as well but I suggest that the
> section directories are listed in one file per Distribution and that all
> scripts read this file first before doing anything.

The scripts which do operations on the hierarchy discover all the .deb
files with find.  The filenames are then stored in the Packages file,
which other scripts read.

A few of my scripts have to make more constraining assumptions of the
hierarchy because they must deal with source files and new packages.
It's true that the new .dsc files provide a more formal mechansism for
associating source files with binary files, but nothing uses them yet

Really the key point is that using a section of
"devel/scripting_languages" should in principle work, but I don't have
time to fix my scripts if it doesn't.

Guy