Re: Shadow problems

Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl> writes:

> You can use the Replaces: header for that. The same goes for newgrp.
> In fact I think you can drop newgrp since it isn't needed under Linux, we
> have BSD groups support.

Hmm, I often use newgrp when I'm about to do a set of actions where I
want to make sure all the new files get a particular group.  For
example, say I'm building a package in my home directory and I want
all the files created to be group src because I'm likely to move them
to /usr/src/ later.

Is there some other way to achieve this?

--
Rob