Re: Shadow problems

You (Rob Browning) wrote:
> Hmm, I often use newgrp when I'm about to do a set of actions where I
> want to make sure all the new files get a particular group.  For
> example, say I'm building a package in my home directory and I want
> all the files created to be group src because I'm likely to move them
> to /usr/src/ later.
>
> Is there some other way to achieve this?

You can ofcourse make the new directory setgid (chmod g+s). All files
created in that directory will have their gid set to that of the directory..

But I can see that using newgrp might be more convenient

Mike.
--
  Miquel van    | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.
  Smoorenburg,  | mailto:info@cistron.nl          http://www.cistron.nl/