Re: Shadow problems

In message <[🔎] 199608171207.OAA08508@picard.cistron.nl>, Miquel van Smoorenburg writes:
>Which reminds me: RedHat is going to integrate PAM into their next release.
>Perhaps now is a good time to look if we should consider using that too,
>or if we think that shadow is good enough for now.

Someone's already compiled libpam for Debian---I guess the question is
just whether or now we feel it's advisable to do this now.

I browse the PAM mailing list, but I don't have a feel for whether
it's ready for use or not---though RedHat is pretty quick about
releases, so I would guess that if it's not it will soon be ready.

I think that we should use it if it is.

Mike.
--
"Don't let me make you unhappy by failing to be contrary enough...."