Re: The PCMCIA and kernel packages

On Thu, 13 Jun 1996, Brian Mays wrote:

>     Manoj> d) The kernel-package package has little to do with
>     Manoj> the modules generated.
>
> Apparently, I was mistaken.  The question now is whether to place the
> PCMCIA modules in the (i386) kernel package.

What about a separate package that is generated from a same source, at the
same time, as a kernel package.  That way people without the PCMCIA hardware
would not be forced to install it, but it will be always up to date with a
current kernel package.  I guess it would have to depend on exact version
number of a kernel.

--
Alexander Goldstein                         email: agoldste@uic.edu