Re: Will 1.1 have a http proxy?

In article <[🔎] m0uSMiW-000Mf2C@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE> joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE (Martin Schulze) writes:

> I would like Debian 1.1 to have a http proxy.  We would be the only
> Linux distribution that comes ready with a proxy.
>
> I have packaged Harvest Cached but never released it.  It is ready for
> upload, although I would check it again.
>
> Harvest Cached is obsolete because it is now commercial software, the
> free version is called squid.  One or two people are working on
> packaging this guy.  What is the current state of it?

> I haven't seen an announcement yet.

True, unfortunately.

I don't use squid on Linux anymore, so I hoped Craig Sanders
<cas@taz.net.au> will release a package. AFAIK he even uses squid on
Debian Linux, unfortunately he seems to be quite busy.

I uploaded my latest diff to ftp.inf.tu-dresden.de:/pub/people/sr1

(squid-1.0.beta16 is said to be quite stable, so it might be a good
candidate for packaging.)

	Sven
--
Sven Rudolph <sr1@inf.tu-dresden.de> ; WWW : http://www.sax.de/~sr1/