Re: netscape should be under non-free

> The Debian release of netscape should be under non-free, even though
> it does not actually include netscape itself.  It requires netscape in
> order to install correctly.  Since netscape used to under under
> non-free, I suspect that this change is a mistake in the package
> installation.

It was no mistake.  I built the installer from scratch.  If there was a
previous netscape package, I was unaware of it.  The current netscape.deb
package itself is public domain and I would like to leave it where it is.
There is no reason to restrict it's distribution.  I would consider a
comprimise and put it under "contrib".  That way it would still go on
all CDs, an important point, I believe.

Comments?

                                        Brian
                               ( bcwhite@verisim.com )