Re: The return of RMS and GNU/Linux

I'll note that using the emacs-19.30.diff.gz, I was able to build
emacs-19.31 with minimal effort - s/linux.h is renamed to s/lignux.h,
but other than the file locking change there, the patch wasn't really
needed anyway (the ncurses use is in the 19.31 sources now.)

I did tweak debian.rules to use $v instead of explicit 19.30 in the
pathnames, to save some work. (also added a $t with the target name.)

It looks like the other place that matters where "lignux" appears is
in config.guess. However, since debian.rules already explicitly
invoked configure with "i486-debian-linux" it was overridden (not that
the i486 is correct, but it was there...)

I don't plan on uploading this package, unless the maintainer is stuck
for some reason; it was easy enough to build - I was just in a hurry
:-) [yaaaay for diff files]. The "lignux" default may start showing up
elsewhere, though I'll note that autoconf-2.10 does *not* have the
change, and it is the usual source for new versions of config.guess on
the "outside".