Re: UID allocation policy [Re: automatic adduser/addgroup ...]

From: Lukas Nellen <lukas@teorica0.ifisicacu.unam.mx>
> The only way out I see is to use a different range for dynamically
> allocated system accounts and fix the software that gets broken by
> this.

There's a lot of work to make dynamic system accounts happen. USTAR
archives (Posix tar) have string-valued user and group information,
but the tar extractor function in dpkg (I wrote it) would have to be
modified to use this. Dpkg would have to assure that all needed accounts
were created before extracting the file. Doubtless there are other
changes I haven't thought of. However, this is not a bad idea.
If you want to make it happen, you will probably have to do the work.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
                       *** Re-elect Clinton ***