Re: pre-depends

Erick Branderhorst asks in private email, but I think the whole list
might like to know too:
> sorry that I ask, but what packages should have pre-depends in the
> control file and what packages shouldn't.

Base packages should, and perhaps certain other packages that it's
very important don't break.  Other packages should just use depends,
so that dselect can order the installation how it likes.

In particular there should be no predependencies amongst non-base
packages to anything that base packages don't pre-depend on, so that
the set of things pre-depended on is kept small.

Ian.