Re: debian-bugs

anonymous@tad.micro.umn.edu writes ("debian-bugs"):
> It seems there ought to be a way of getting immediate feedback on
> bug report numbers.  [For example, I just did a bug report and
> after writing it another test occurred to me -- specifically, I found
> that if I set TERM=vt100 telneted to sparc then telnetted back nvi
> would dump core on me.]
>
> Is this at all likely (instant gratification for bug report numbers)?

At the moment it replies somewhere between 0 and 15 minutes after the
message arrives (it has to do a bit of gratuitious bouncing around
first, though).

Of course, mailing from a bogus address[1] means that you won't get
the ack at all ...

> Alternatively, could there be a mechanism for grouping bug reports
> >from  the same person with the same title, Package: and Version:
> for the first (hour, day, whatever) after the bug report is received?

I think this is extrememly unlikely.

Ian.

[1] like <anonymous@tad.micro.umn.edu>.