debian-bugs

It seems there ought to be a way of getting immediate feedback on
bug report numbers.  [For example, I just did a bug report and
after writing it another test occurred to me -- specifically, I found
that if I set TERM=vt100 telneted to sparc then telnetted back nvi
would dump core on me.]

Is this at all likely (instant gratification for bug report numbers)?

Alternatively, could there be a mechanism for grouping bug reports
from the same person with the same title, Package: and Version:
for the first (hour, day, whatever) after the bug report is received?

Thanks,

--
Raul