Re: Tk needs which fonts?

> From: Chris Fearnley <cjf@netaxs.com>
> Subject: Re: Tk needs which fonts?
>

> > Tk 4.0 desperately wants the font
> >
> > "-Adobe-Helvetica-Bold-R-Normal--*-120-*-*-*-*-*-*"
> >
> > (to see, start wish, and then enter the command 'button .x')
> >
> > I've installed the generic font packages in the x11 directory
> > (xfntbase, xfntscl, xfnt75, xfntpex) but no joy.  Is this font
> > available for Debian? If it's packaged, where is it? If not, can
> > Tk be built to use a standard font by default?
> >
> > Should I report this as a bug?
>
> Yes, I believe tk should depend on xfnt100|xfnt75.

Better yet, we can configure these packages to accept some font that
is in the xbase (if there are any) or xfntbase.  That way we can avoid
requiring everybody to have every font package.  I have all of these
font packages loaded, but not everybody will have that much disk space
available.

> Christopher J. Fearnley            |    Linux/Internet Consulting

Thanks,
David

--
  David H. Silber     dhs@firefly.com     Project: Refinance the house!