Re: Another shadow question

   From: Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl>
   Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 13:24:00 +0200 (MET DST)
   Cc: chrish@libertel.montreal.qc.ca, david@eos.lugs.ch,
	   meskes@informatik.rwth-aachen.de, debian-devel@lists.debian.org

   You (Guy Maor) wrote:
   > >From my understanding of shadow passwords, it is possible to make
   > programs work both with and without shadowing.  I'm the maintainer of
   > all the programs mentioned except su.  Perhaps, David, you could put
   > the source somewhere so I and the other affected developers could look
   > at it?

   I would advise you to have a good look at libpam. It is a library
   of access and authentication methods with possible plugins. I haven't
   tried it myself but it looks promising.

   http://gluon.physics.ucla.edu/~morgan/pam/

   Mike.

mentioning the work still to be done, together with who is working on
it.  A lot of effort done there can be reused for Debian.  E.g. a few
days ago, patches were posted for "PAM-ising" wu-ftpd.  Some work is being
done on shadow support too.
--
Patrick Weemeeuw, network manager
K.U.Leuven, KULeuvenNet, currently at the Dept. of Computer Science