Re: Another shadow question

You (Guy Maor) wrote:
> >From my understanding of shadow passwords, it is possible to make
> programs work both with and without shadowing.  I'm the maintainer of
> all the programs mentioned except su.  Perhaps, David, you could put
> the source somewhere so I and the other affected developers could look
> at it?

I would advise you to have a good look at libpam. It is a library
of access and authentication methods with possible plugins. I haven't
tried it myself but it looks promising.

http://gluon.physics.ucla.edu/~morgan/pam/

Mike.
--
  Miquel van    | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.
  Smoorenburg,  | mailto:info@cistron.nl          http://www.cistron.nl/