Re: Another shadow question

[...]
> I would advise you to have a good look at libpam. It is a library of
> access and authentication methods with possible plugins. I haven't
> tried it myself but it looks promising.

> http://gluon.physics.ucla.edu/~morgan/pam/

I think there is something Debian could contribute back to the FSF:

  GNU passwd

i once started that project with the Linux chfn/passwd. The code is
still available:

  /afs/zdv.uni-mainz.de/homes/UFO/kubla/software/pw-suite/

Sofar there is a working GNU autoconf script and some changes WRT
portability have been made.  I stopped the  project while trying to
port it to HP/UX 9.x

Dominik