Re: Rules proposal: Guidelines change announcement procedure

  Fernando> E-mail is not enough because new maintainers will have a very
  Fernando> hard time going through the e-mail archive hunting for messages,
  Fernando> then sorting them out and trying to merge them adecuately. That
  Fernando> is the perfect policy for discouraging new developers to join,
  Fernando> which I think is against what we want.

I disagree.

"procmail" serves me very well to sort throught the email bulk.  New
proposals usually come to either debian-devel or debina-private, and in these
folders do I keep them. Easy enough for a quick lookup.

But I agree with your point of a faster Guidelines turnaround. Maybe
we need a low-traffic list to announce new rules, or changes, to developers?

--
Dirk Eddelb"uttel                              http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd