sendmail, deliver and procmail

Now that sendmail is already so much easier to configure, some
questions/suggestions:

Does sendmail have to depend on deliver? Sendmail comes with its own
mail.local to deliver to a local mailbox. Wouldn't it be sufficient to
use this as a default local mailer?

To add more luxury, it would be nice if sendmailconfig can detect if
deliver and/or procmail are available and offer those as an
alternative local mailer to use. Sendmail can suggest or recommend one
r both (where my favourite is procmail - but that is a matter of
taste).

That way we have less dependencies between packages. And at the same
time an even more flexible sendmail configuration.

		Cheers,
			Lukas
   Dr. Lukas Nellen                 | Email: lukas@teorica0.ifisicacu.unam.mx
   Depto. de Fisica Teorica, IFUNAM |
   Apdo. Postal 20-364              | Tel.:  +52 5 622 5014 ext. 218
   01000 Mexico D.F., MEXICO        | Fax:   +52 5 622 5015