Dictionary name question

I'm currently working on new german dictionaries. However, I wonder how to
call them, german or deutsch (which is the german word for it). I looked
into the FSSTND 1.2 and it says dictionaries under /usr/dict shall be name
with their english names. But some software, like emacs, expect the german
ispell dictionary to be named deutsch.

What do we do? I'd prefer to have both named equally. So I think german
should be the choice (to match FSSTND). But then emacs should be changed.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes                   |    _____ ________ __  ____
meskes@informatik.rwth-aachen.de |   \__ \/ /_  / // /_/ /_/ / _ \/ ___/ ___/