Re: pbmplus/netpbm (was: Re^2: Shared graphics libs & header file locations...)

> I already looked at the sources as I was planning to package it.
> (Indeed, I've already compiled shared lib versions on my machine.) None
> of them have restricted copyrights.  Some of them don't explicitly

But wouldn't it not matter what the author's copyright is?  I thought
that, if it used Unisys's algorithm for compression, it was not
something we wanted to be caught "selling" by putting it in the normal
tree?

> If you would like to package it, that's fine by me.  If not, I'll be
> happy to do it.  Some points:

It being netpbm?  If you already have it built for shared, I would be
more then happy to step away. :)

> 2. Can we get a decision from on high on whether it's wise to put the
> includes for all these graphics packages in /usr/include/gr?  I don't
> care either way.  I've already pointed out possible advantages of it.
> This would be for lib{pbm,tiff,jpeg,png}.  Then we can do away with
> libgr.

Well, I'm not sure anybody but the people who build the graphics libs
and the FSSTND really need to make the decision -- personally, I
prefer having it all in /usr/include and /usr/lib, since those are
standard locations and you aren't going to see a library or include
file name conflict.

Jim