Re: Compiling newer kernels (was: kernel tree for install disks?)

Hi,
>>"Mark" == Mark Eichin <eichin@cygnus.com> writes:

Mark> The problem with that approach is that it loses
Mark> 1) the config script

	Not really, if you save the config file (I use menuconfig, it
 is at the bottom) as debian.conf, and just reload that next time).
 Umm, I guess one could put that in the debian.rules as well.

Mark> 2) random debian-specific patches (probably just as well
Mark> though :-)

	It's not so bad.  All one has are pre and post install
 scripts.

	manoj
--
Hunger is the best seasoning for meat, and thirst for drink.  --
Cicero %%