Compiling newer kernels (was: kernel tree for install disks?)

	There seems to be a lot of confusion with the kernel package.
 I don't seem to have any problems; I just got the version I decided
 to upgrade to, tarred and copied linux/Debian and linux/debian.rules
 and put them into the new sources, compiled (the first time; I did it
 in ~ftp/incoming).  I thus generated image and source packages, since
 then I have been patching and regenerating newer versions in place
 (/usr/src/linux). (I did upgrade imgage {pre,post}inst scripts so
 that I maintain two version in /boot and /lib/modules).

	Note, I have had _NO_ problems with the newer libc5
 packages. (would people like me to upload my diffs, which contain the
 new scripts to my home directory at master?)

	manoj

(compiling 1.3.94 right now)

__> dpkg -l source image
ii  source          1.3.91-0       Linux kernel source.
ii  image           1.3.91-0       Linux kernel binary image.
--
Decisions of the judges will be final unless shouted down by a really
overwhelming majority of the crowd present.  Abusive and obscene