Re: Proposal for reorganisation of the bug system

In message <[🔎] m0u9gjx-00063bC@mongo.pixar.com>, Bruce Perens writes:
>It's cleaner to use <nnnn>-control@bugs.debian.org, which would interpret
>commands for bug report nnnn.

Or at least have it as an alternative (not unlike the way you can
either send requests to majordomo@x.org or x-list-request@x.org).

>    merge <k> ...         merge one or more reports into nnnn.

Does this exist already?  I looked through the docs, but didn't see
anything about merge---and if it's not out there, we certainly need
it, as I think we've got a _lot_ of duplicates out there.

Mike.
--
"Don't let me make you unhappy by failing to be contrary enough...."