Re: don't gzip man files

A global selection of man page compression sounds like a nice idea,
except that someone has to implement it.  I prefer to just gzip all the
pages, obviously, as I'm the one that first proposed the notion.

Trying to appease everyone is why Debian takes so long to release
everyone.  What governmental model are we using here?  Oligarchy?  Then
Bruce and Ian and perhaps a few others can make the decision.
Democracy?  Then developers (ie - only people that maintain packages)
can vote.

I've only been involved with Debian a few months, but already I can see
that anarchy is not the way to produce anything in a timely manner.

Guy