Kerneld

I wonder what you guys and girls prefer to do wi kerneld. We can either
start it as early as possible so it also loads the modules needed during
the boot. But then we either get some messages on the console (only in case
of errors, though) or we should have to start sysklogd as early, too.
I did use kerneld for some time before Debian had it in the modules package
and I started it in /etc/init.d/modules, but never got any message on the
console.

Or shall we leave it at it is now and load critical modules 'by hand'?

Opinions?

Michael

--
Michael Meskes                   |    _____ ________ __  ____