beta-test start

I will try to get the new installation floppy instructions uploaded by
Friday evening. Unfortunately, I'll be away on Saturday and Sunday,
although I might be able to make sporadic contact with the mailing
lists via Ricochet. Sometime Monday, we will announce the beta test to
debian-user _only_. The selection of mirrors that are up to date may be
somewhat limited at that point. If things go OK, we can make a public
announcement to linux-announce and news groups a few days after that.

I asked Infomagic to leave the beta off of their CD this time, as by
the time it got to customers hands it would be quite stale. I'm leaving
the "not for CD" announcement in place until the beta test has gone on
for several weeks. I'll put the request that other CD manufacturers
wait for our go-ahead in the beta announcements.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Pixar Animation Studios: Reality is not our business.
Pixar's "Toy Story" $184.79M domestic, $66M overseas and counting.