Re: file name conflicts in unstable packages

Andy Guy writes ("file name conflicts in unstable packages"):
> I think this is a complete list of file name conflicts in the unstable
> tree.  I think I have removed all the lines which refer to packages
> that conflict so these should all be problem packages.  Some of them
> may be cover by diversions but am I not sure.  Some of them have
> already come up on this list but others are out there waiting to trip
> someone.

Thanks for doing the analysis.

Urgh, what a mess.  dpkg 1.1.5 will have --force-overwrite turned on
by default, turning all of the error messages into warnings.  That
doesn't mean they're not bugs, but it'll make them easier to live with
for the moment.

When the unstable tree has become the stable tree I'll release a new
unstable version which once again has --refuse-overwrite.

Ian.