New slrn maintainer

Hello,

as of today I have taken over the 'slrn'-package from Joost Witteveen.

Before I upload a new version, I have a question relating file-locations.

For making start-up faster, slrn wants to have a newsgroup-description
file locally. It can use a system-wide file for this to save space. To
keep this current, it has to be updated once in a while.

What is a sane location for this file? /var/lib/slrn/newsgroup.dsc ?

Another related Q: would it be OK to put a script in /etc/cron.weekly
that fetches this list? (ofcourse the machine has to be connected to the
net then).

Sincerely yours,

Maarten

| Maarten Boekhold, Faculty of Electrical Engineering TU Delft,   NL  |
|   boekhold@cindy.et.tudelft.nl boekhold@gopher.library.tudelft.nl   |
|                  Take life as a party!                              |