Re: lynx default wrong?

Dale Scheetz writes:

> On Mon, 1 Apr 1996, Andrew Howell wrote:
>
> > Dale Scheetz writes:
> > >
> > > The default start file for lynx is wrong (I think). Lookup finds
> > > www.debian.org, but can't find the path Bugs in:
> >
> > I don't understand what this has to do with lynx. AFAIK www.debian.org
> > is still the site for the debian web pages.
> >
> What it has to do with lynx is, /etc/lynx.cfg has the line:
>
> STARTFILE:http://www.debian.org/Bugs/
>
> which lynx uses when it is invoked with no target site address on the
> command line. This is great, when it works, because just typing lynx gets
> to the bug list. However, currently, although the connection is
> established with www.debian.org, the path /Bugs/ is not found...
>
> If this has changed, then lynx should be adjusted to correctly reflect
> this. If it hasn't changed then someone needs to fix www.debian.org so
> the Bugs path is findable (I like that word even though the spell checker
> doesn't). I don't care which, that's why I was asking :-)

No it doesn't have Bugs as the default. If your /etc/lynx.cfg file
has it setup like that then you did it yourself.

The default startfile for lynx is http://www.debian.org/

Andrew

--
Dehydration - 34%, Recollection of previous evening - 2%, embarrassment
factor - 91%.  Advise repair schedule:- off line for 36 hours, re-boot

Andrew Howell		   		      howellaa@cs.curtin.edu.au
Perth, Western Australia	     andrew@it.com.au andrew@debian.org