Re: lynx default wrong?

On Mon, 1 Apr 1996, Andrew Howell wrote:

> Dale Scheetz writes:

> > > I don't understand what this has to do with lynx. AFAIK www.debian.org
> > > is still the site for the debian web pages.
> > >
> > What it has to do with lynx is, /etc/lynx.cfg has the line:
> >
> > STARTFILE:http://www.debian.org/Bugs/
> >
> > which lynx uses when it is invoked with no target site address on the
> > command line. This is great, when it works, because just typing lynx gets
> > to the bug list. However, currently, although the connection is
> > established with www.debian.org, the path /Bugs/ is not found...
> >
> > If this has changed, then lynx should be adjusted to correctly reflect
> > this. If it hasn't changed then someone needs to fix www.debian.org so
> > the Bugs path is findable (I like that word even though the spell checker
> > doesn't). I don't care which, that's why I was asking :-)
>
> No it doesn't have Bugs as the default. If your /etc/lynx.cfg file
> has it setup like that then you did it yourself.

I definately didn't do it to myself, it seems that it was left over from
an older installation. When I --purged lynx and reinstalled, I got the
offer to put in my own or take the default. I took the default. I did not
see this option when I installed before, so I can only conclude that the
conffile was there already so you left it alone (accepted practice) and I
got the older default.
BTW, as I have the mime-support package installed, for mime.types, I had to
--force-overwrite to get lynx to install. Is it about time to remove the
file from lynx and make lynx depend on mime-support?

Thanks,

Dwarf