Re: lynx default wrong?

On Mon, 1 Apr 1996, Andrew Howell wrote:

> Dale Scheetz writes:
> >
> > The default start file for lynx is wrong (I think). Lookup finds
> > www.debian.org, but can't find the path Bugs in:
>
> I don't understand what this has to do with lynx. AFAIK www.debian.org
> is still the site for the debian web pages.

What it has to do with lynx is, /etc/lynx.cfg has the line:

STARTFILE:http://www.debian.org/Bugs/

which lynx uses when it is invoked with no target site address on the
command line. This is great, when it works, because just typing lynx gets
to the bug list. However, currently, although the connection is
established with www.debian.org, the path /Bugs/ is not found...

If this has changed, then lynx should be adjusted to correctly reflect
this. If it hasn't changed then someone needs to fix www.debian.org so
the Bugs path is findable (I like that word even though the spell checker
doesn't). I don't care which, that's why I was asking :-)

Thanks,

Dwarf