Re: Initial release of news (System V - like local news tool)

Ian Jackson writes:

> No, please leave out the Priority and Section until the distribution
> maintainer (Carl, is that you ?) has decided what values they should
> be.

I guess.  No one else seems to want the job.  Speaking of which,
these all need to get audited soon.  Once the incoming directory
is empty...

> It is important that the package classifications (especially
> priorities) are decided on centrally, to avoid a `priority inflation'
> effect where every maintainer obviously thinks their particular
> packages are important ...

;)

--
Carl Streeter                   |  "Etiquette-wise, there is no proper time
streeter@cae.wisc.edu           |    to use the phrase 'It sucks.'" --Dogbert