Re: Initial release of open(1) (AIX conformant command to open VC's)

'Dominik Kubla wrote:'

>I just uploaded the initial release of open(1) to master.debian.org
>It is for i386/ELF and should go into the base category.
>
>Bruce, maybe you should put that on the rootdisk, so that ther could be
>more than one vc open during installation?

1.  Couldn't this go into one of the other 'util' packages?  Maybe
sysutils?  It is after all very small.

2.  I like the idea of using open(1) with only 1 or two gettys spawned
by /etc/inittab.  However, this is fundamentally different behaviour
and is likely to confuse many users.  Perhaps we should make it an
"option" for the time being.

--
Christopher J. Fearnley            |    UNIX SIG Leader at PACS
cjf@netaxs.com                     |    (Philadelphia Area Computer Society)