Re: A better miscutils

On Sat, 2 Mar 1996, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

> You (Dirk.Eddelbuettel@qed.econ.queensu.ca) wrote:
> > Excellent! Feel free to add
> > 	Conflicts: last
> > or whatever needed to de-install last. Feel free to (re-)use the last manpage
> > I scribbled from the .info material.
>
> Oh, it already has a manpage. But the Conflicts: line is a good
> idea (though it will confuse a few people). Or is there a better way?

There's a better way - look in dpkg-disappear-replace.txt.  It details
how obsolete base packages can disappear.

I'm maintaining the chfn package, Mike, so I'd still be maintaing
loginutils.  I already have a chfn which should work fine with NIS.

I have no problem with taking last out of the loginutils.  I only put
it in there to group all the wtmp stuff together.  In fact, apart from
last, I'm the only one affected by this change.  I merely took the 2
packages I'm maintaining, chfn and miscutils, and turned them into 3
package I'll maintain, loginutils, fsutils, and miscutils.

Guy