Re: Package authentication proposal

Stephen Early writes:
> All we can do over it is send certificates for signature, and
> receive back signed certificates.

Ahh...  Something slightly less advanced than Xmodem.  I like it ;)

> In practical terms, an extremely low-spec machine can be used as the
> trusted one. A 4Mb 386 should be perfectly adequate.

Ohter than the obvious problem of finding tools, it sounds like an XT
would work.  I've got a couple here that I'd be willing to donate one of ;)

Carl Streeter                   |  "Etiquette-wise, there is no proper time
streeter@cae.wisc.edu           |    to use the phrase 'It sucks.'" --Dogbert
Just another Perl hacker        |  "I'm a heartless bastard." --Linus Torvalds
Ask me about Debian/GNU Linux.  |    http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~streeter/