Re: Package splitting and MSDOS names conversion

brian writes:

> (b) Every system will have some form of "split" available somewhere.

Not necessarily.  And even if it does, that doesn't mean it's usable.

> (c) No, but REGET does.

mirror (at least the version I'm using) doesn't seem smart enough to use reget.
Although that could have changed, I haven't see anything in the changelog
of the debian package which would make me think it would start working.

> Under no circumstances should you have the msdos tree have different files
> than the main binary.  .....  It's one or the other.

I would agree.

--
Carl Streeter                     |  "I'll forgive even GNU emacs as long
streeter@cae.wisc.edu             |     as gcc is available" --Linus Torvalds