Chopping down shared libraries for the installation/rescue floppy

I have a new installation/rescue floppy that uses ELF and runs
reasonably well. I would like to create a chopped down version of the shared
libc and libncurses for this floppy. These two libraries would contain only
the objects referred to by programs on the floppy. I would set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to preferentially use the installed (full) libraries if
they were available. This will allow me to handle 1.2 MB root disks and
low-memory situations.

To do this, it would be convenient to have a tool to dump the shared library
symbols requried by an executable. This is something different from "nm",
because the executable may be stripped but the symbols still exist internal
to the executable. Does such a thing exist?

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Bruce Perens <Bruce@Pixar.com> Pixar Animation Studios
Pixar's "Toy Story": > $180M domestic box office.