Re: Bug#932: Pine over-encodes files and auto-requests document

This bug report violates the single issue requirement of a bug report.
However, the complaint that ^J does what the documentation declares that
it will do, does not, in my mind, constitute a bug.

Pine provides ^R as the inclusion feature. You can include uuencoded
programs using this feature, or just include plain text from some other
source.

^J is declared to create a mime attatchment to the current e-mail
message. You can use this feature with a uuencoded file if you with but
that was not it's intent.

As to the second part of this bug report, I will include
SecretsOfPine-3.9 in the next release. The proper way to disable the
initial message about this document is to put a copy of pine.conf into
/etc/skel/.pinerc. This is, however, the perview of the system
administrator and I as the package maintainer am not going to pre-dictate
this as the default state of the package.

I intend to close this bug report as soon as I release the ELF version of
pine/pico/imapd.

Later,

Dwarf