Re: Pine packaging questions.

  Michael>  Doesn't pine need sendmail or smail in order to *send* mail?  I'm
  Michael> almost sure it does, though you're right it doesn't need anything
  Michael> for recieving.

It doesn't sendmail or smail, actually. If you don't have either, you can
send mail by specifying an smtp host in your pine config (ie ~/.pinerc).

There's an article in one of the Linux Gazette's [1] about how to email
without smail or sendmail. It's not the greatest article, but I learned from
it that you can override mail headers in pine. You have to recompile the
binary to allow for that feature.

[1] See http://www.tenn.com/fiskhtml/gazette_toc.html

--
Dirk Eddelb"uttel                              http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd