Re: Pine packaging questions.

>The file 'debian.conffiles' specifies two files; /etc/pine.conf, and
>/etc/pine.conf.fixed. [...]
>Any ideas?

None.

>One of the changes to the build process involved a switch from termcap to
>ncurses. I had installed all of the ncurses3.0 packages before the build
>and it still failed because there was no libncurses. Poking around a bit
>I found the .so.3.0 file in /lib and made a link in /usr/lib. This fixed
>the problem.
>My question is: Is the user going to be forced to fix this link for
>him/her self? Shouldn't the ncurses3.0 package be doing this? Should I
>submit a bug report?

The libncurses.so.3.0 -> libncurses.so link is only needed for the
purposes of compilation, and as such is included in the ncurses3.0-dev
package.

I am quite curious how you got it all to build since you shouldn't
have had the necessary header files.

>This brings us to the point of dependancies. The old package declares
>smail|sendmail to be dependancies for Pine. IMHO pine does not depend on
>any mail agent (you could fill INBOX via FTP and pine would not care) for

Doesn't pine need sendmail or smail in order to *send* mail?  I'm
almost sure it does, though you're right it doesn't need anything for
recieving.

>Finally, the pine source package builds pine and pico, but it also builds
>a c-client library and imapd. These things don't appear to end up in
>either the pico, or the pine packages. Is pine responsible for installing
>imap?

Pine doesn't currently do anything with imapd.  I would be nice,
though, if it would.

Mike.
--
"I never worry, why should I.  It's all gonna fade."